gamer-geek

The ravings of an armchair gamer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herndon, Virginia, United States

I'm not really an emu, but I play one on TV.

Friday, November 11, 2005

A chance to game?

A little over a week ago I ran across a site called FindPlay (http://findplay.anvilwerks.com/) where you can find gamers (specifically, role-players) in your area with similar interests. You enter your location, the last three RPGs you played, your three favorite RPGs, and the three RPGs you have NOT played that you most want to play. Then it does some matching to show you gamers with similar interests somewhere in your area. It doesn't have a very interactive search, you can't specify within 10 miles or anything like that but it's alright. Returned a fair number of matches for me with several similar interests, but it was late at night when I'd filled it out, so I didn't copy down any contacts and forgot about it by the next day.

A few days later, my inbox had an email for a contact from FindPlay! A gamer who recently moved into the NoVA area is looking to start a group. I've been itching to game again for quite awhile, so hopefully this will work out. He's looking to run Earthdawn, Warhammer FRP, Savage Worlds, or Risus (A Kringle in Time). I'm interested in those, although WH would be at the bottom of the list. I did play a really fun game set (mostly) in the WH universe, but it was run using the Earthdawn system (again, mostly).

We'll see where this leads. If it goes well, maybe I won't be an armchair gamer for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home