gamer-geek

The ravings of an armchair gamer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herndon, Virginia, United States

I'm not really an emu, but I play one on TV.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Star Wars in Savage Worlds

Last night we started watching our DVD of Revenge of the Sith, and when we paused for the evening I remembered starting a write-up of Star Wars specific rules for the Savage Worlds system earlier this year. Interested in what I'd done, I dug them up. Lo and behold, they were but a skeleton of the notes I'd "remembered" taking. Looking over them, some of my prevous ideas began simmering back up in my head, so I figured I might as well start writing down more of the actual ideas so that when I next abandon and then return to them, these notes will actu... [Side note, right here is where my keyboard's batteries die for the first time ever. We're out of standard AAs, but I happen to have some rechargable which i normally use for Xbox wireless controllers.] I was saying, with luck, these notes will be more complete and actually be useful, rather than practically starting from scratch as I'm doing now. Most of my focus for this conversion was trying to adapt my view of "The Force" as interpreted from movies, books, comics, and games. To this end I had gathered up vast amounts of "force powers" from computer games and RPGs for refrence. I'd also written down possible instances of "Force use" from the movies during a viewing of them, uh, last winter I think. After finding those notes, I figure within a week I'll be re-watching RotS with the commentary on and trying to pick out force uses.

Random, but slightly interesting (to me) note from movie observations:
TPM: "Force Speed" - Used to escape Droidekas by OWK + QGJ, but not in final battle used by OWK to catch up to DM & QGJ - why?

For the time being, this has grabbed my attention (along with the latest batch of comics) delaying my continued re-reading of the Harry Potter books in preparation to running a HP game early next year. Status: I was about 1/4 of the way into book 3, Ann has finished 5 and (FINALLY) started 6. I have threatened to ask her on a nightly basis, "Do you know who the Half-Blood Prince is yet?"

1 Comments:

Blogger miniAnn said...

What do you mean "threatened"? You have been asking me on a nightly basis if I know who the half-blood prince is yet!

12/16/2005 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home