gamer-geek

The ravings of an armchair gamer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herndon, Virginia, United States

I'm not really an emu, but I play one on TV.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Savage Worlds Firefly

Well, I played an RPG (finally!) over the weekend, with good chances of repeat sessions every month. Didn't take me nearly as long to find a group as I was expecting! I played a Savage Worlds game set in the Firefly universe, it was quite fun. After having finally seen SW in action, I can't wait to play again, and I'm (again) considering trying to run something as well. When it comes to running games there are also other systems I'm considering, but SW is by far the most "mainstream" (and "crunchy", I think) of them. Final system choice would depend on what type of game/genre I run, but it's very tempting to just go with Savage Worlds and one of the published plot point settings, would save me from having to write up a setting document. "Sorta" Superheroes (Necessary Evil) or Vietnam weird-wars (Tour of Darkness) would probably be my top choices.

Of course, links for more info on Savage Worlds, Necessary Evil, Tour of Darkness, and the SW Test Drive rules for a sample of the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home